back to Homepage

About Us

Syracuse Ceramig Guild

The Syracuse Ceramic Guild, established in 1947, is a not-for-profit organization of potters dedicated to the promotion of awareness and understanding of the ceramic medium.

To support its educational mission, the Guild maintains an active program of workshops, demonstrations and public service activities, in addition to its regular membership meetings.  It sponsors well-known potters and ceramic artists for lectures and workshops independently and in conjunction with the Everson Museum of Art, the Syracuse University Studio Art Department’s Ceramics Program, Onondaga Community College’s Graphic Arts Department, and other educational institutions.

The Guild also conducts regular juried exhibitions and sales of members’ work and contributes to the acquisition fund for the Everson Museum’s world-class ceramic collection.

The Guild is a supporter of the Stone Quarry Hill Art Park, Cazenovia, NY.

Read about the linkages between the Stone Quarry Hill Art Park and the Syracuse Ceramic Guild:
HISTORIC LINKAGES – SCG with SQHAP doc

Read a February, 2017 human interest story in the Syracuse Daily Orange about Stephen Waldron, a long-time member of the Syracuse Ceramic Guild, and a little bit about Guild history.

Become a member!   You can download the membership application form by clicking here.

For more information on membership, contact Carol Adamec (315) 487-8110
Email adamecart@att.net
or write to the Syracuse Ceramic Guild, P.O.Box 6186, Syracuse NY 13217